Jun 05 2008
Be sure to catch a book signing, speaking engagement, or workshop near you!
- April 18, 2010: All Saints Episcopal Church, Atlanta, Georgia. I’ll be leading a mini-retreat based on the book and signing books.
- March 9, 2010: Hendrix College, Worsham Performance Hall, 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Conway, Arkansas. I’ll be presenting my workshop and signing books during the college’s Faith and Sexuality Week sponsored by the campus LGBT group Unity.
- February 14, 2010: Church of Our Redeemer MCC, 557 Greene St., Augusta, Georgia. I’ll be preaching in their 11 a.m. service and signing books afterward.
- February 6, 2010: Creating Change Conference, Dallas, Texas. I’ll be presenting my workshop from 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- November 20-22, 2009: 2009 Anti-Heterosexism Conference, West Palm Beach, Florida. I’m doing my workshop on Sunday, Nov. 22. Hope you’ll come!
- September 26-27, 2009: Cross Creek Community Church, Dayton, OH. I’ll be giving several presentations on the book and appearing with Jason and DeMarco! (Though I doubt they’ll let me sing with them.)
- August 30, 2009: Church of St. John the Evangelist, Ottawa, Canada. I’m preaching the message at the 10:15 a.m. service and walking in the pride parade at 1 p.m.
- July 24, 2009, 7 p.m.: 2009 Ohio UCC Gathering Annual Conference, Delaware, OH. Keynote speaker for “Surviving the Conversation” panel. Sponsored by the Coalition for LGBT Concerns, Ohio Chapter
- July 15-19, 2009: Evangelicals Concerned Western Region ConnECtion 2009, Palm Springs, CA. I’ll be presenting my workshop and selling books!
- June 23, 2009, 1 p.m.: Bulletproof Faith workshop at Growing Bold, the gathering for the UCC Coalition for LGBT Concerns. Crowne Plaza, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- June 8, 2009, 7 p.m.: Preaching at the Binghamton People of Blessing Service: A Service for the LGBTQ Community, West Presbyterian Church, 80 Main Street, Binghamton, NY.
- May 28-31, 2009: The Evangelical Network 2009 Conference, Charlotte, NC. I’ll be presenting my workshop on Bulletproof Faith on Friday, May 28, at 10:30 a.m. Hope to see you there!
- May 23, 2009: AIDS Committee of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada. I’ll be presenting my workshop on Bulletproof Faith on Saturday, May 23, 2009 from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. at the Ottawa Public Library Downtown with a book signing at 5 p.m. at After Stonewall Bookstore.
- May 4-5, 2009: HRC’s Clergy Call, Washington, DC. I’ll be lobbying Congress for LGBT rights!
- May 2-3, 2009: Clarendon Presbyterian Church, Arlington, Virginia. Workshop on Saturday from 9:30 a.m. – noon, preaching on Sunday at 10 a.m service.
- March 15, 2009: Preaching at Clayton Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church, Newberry, South Carolina. 11 a.m.
- February 27 – March 1, 2009: South Carolina Book Festival, Columbia, SC. This is my first appearance at any book festival and I’m excited. Please come out and see me if you’re in the area!
- February 15, 2009: Peace Congregational Church, 226 Pendleton Road, Clemson, SC. Workshop runs from 3 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. I’ll be preaching at the 5 p.m. service.
- January 17, 2009: 7 p.m. Book signing/reading at Malaprops Book Store, Asheville, NC.
- January 8-11, 2009: Gay Christian Network Conference, Anaheim, CA. I’ll be presenting my workshop “Spiritual Self-Defense for LGBT Christians” and signing books. Hope to see you there!
- December 7, 2008: Virginia-Highland Church, Atlanta, GA. I’ll be preaching on Sunday at 11 a.m. This is historic because this is the formerly Southern Baptist church that my father pastored in the early 1970s. I never thought I’d have a chance to preach there. Come see history in the making if you’re in Atlanta!
- November 8-9, 2008: Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, Houston, TX. I’ll be doing a workshop and book signing at Grace Lutheran from 2 until 5:30 p.m. on Saturday night and preaching at Grace the next morning. This event is sponsored by Grace Lutheran and the Houston GLBT Community Center. Come on out and support Grace and the Community Center!
- October 18-19, 2008: MCC Knoxville, Knoxville, TN. We’ll have a workshop on Saturday and I’ll be preaching on Sunday.
- October 17, 2008: 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Book signing: Carpe Librum Booksellers, 5113A Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN
- October 15, 2008: 5 p.m. Book signing: Happy Bookseller, 4525 Forest Dr., Columbia, South Carolina – (803) 782-2665
- September 20, 2008: South Carolina Pride, Columbia, SC. I’ll be signing and selling books at Finlay Park all day. Please stop by!
- September 26, 2008: Book Signing at Charis Books and More, Atlanta, GA. 8 p.m. This is my first appearance in Atlanta and I’m so proud for it to be at Charis. Please come out and say hi!
- September 13, 2008: 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Book Launch and Workshop at Garden of Grace United Church of Christ, Columbia, SC. This will be an incredible event featuring a workshop, reading and book signing.
- September 4-7, 2008: Many Stories, One Voice conference, New Orleans, LA. Unfortunately, this event has been canceled due to Hurricane Gustav. Look for a rescheduled date.
- July 10, 2008: Alliance for Full Acceptance, Charleston, SC: This is the first public reading of Bulletproof Faith! Join us at the Renaissance Charleston at 68 Wentworth Street at 5:45 p.m.
Schedule an Event
To schedule Candace Chellew-Hodge for a speaking engagement, workshop or book signing, please contact her by using the form below:
or by mail:
PO Box 727
Camden, SC 29021
For more information about Candace or to preview some of her workshops and talks, please visit this page.